A note for paper presenters: If you are presenting a long paper, you have 20 minutes for your presentation including questions. If you are presenting a short paper, you have 15 minutes for your presentation including questions.
Schedule [ PDF ]
|Registration||Saturday, September 16||8:00am-9:15am|
|Welcome and Opening remarks||Saturday, September 16||9:00am - 9:15am|
|Keynote speaker||Saturday, September 16||9:15am-10:15am|
Catherine Pelachaud will be the keynote speaker for the Symposium on Applied Perception 2017.
|Coffee Break||Saturday, September 16||10:15am-10:40am|
|Papers - Session 1||Saturday, September 16||10:40am-12:00am|
|On-Site Lunch and Posters Session||Saturday, September 16||12:00pm-3:00pm|
|Coffee Break||Saturday, September 16||3:00pm-3:20pm|
|Papers - Session 2||Saturday, September 16||3:20pm-5:00pm|
|Conference Dinner and Social Event||Saturday, September 16||from 7:00pm on|
|Registration||Sunday, September 17||8:00am-9:15am|
|Papers - Session 3||Sunday, September 17||9:15am-10:35am|
|Coffee Break||Sunday, September 17||10:35am-11:00|
|Panel Session||Sunday, September 17||11:00am-12:00pm|
|Off-Site Lunch||Sunday, September 17||12:00pm-2:00pm|
|Papers - Session 4||Sunday, September 17||2:00pm-3:40pm|
|Coffee Break||Sunday, September 17||3:40pm-4:00pm|
|Capnote speaker||Sunday, September 17||4:00pm-5:00pm|
Martin Giese will be the Capnote speaker for the Symposium on Applied Perception 2017.
|Closing remarks, awards, and farewell||Sunday, September 17||5:00pm onwards|
- Simon Alexanderson, Carol O'Sullivan, Michael Neff and Jonas Beskow, "Mimebot - Investigating the Expressivity of Non-Verbal Communication Across Robot and Agent Embodiments"
- Lorraine Lin, Sophie Jörg, Dhaval Parmar, Alison Leonard, Shaundra Daily and Sabarish Babu "How Character Customization Affects Learning in Computational Thinking"
- Sophie Kenny, Naureen Mahmood, Claire Honda, Michael J. Black and Nikolaus F. Troje "Effects of animation retargeting on perceived action outcomes"
- Katja Zibrek, Rachel McDonnell and Elena Kokkinara "Don't Stand So Close To me: Investigating the effect of control on the appeal of virtual humans using immersion and a proximity-based behavioural task"
- Katherine Breeden and Pat Hanrahan "Gaze Data for the Analysis of Attention in Feature Films"
- Steve Grogorick, Michael Stengel, Elmar Eisemann and Marcus Magnor "Subtle Gaze Guidance for Immersive Environments"
- Jan-Philipp Tauscher, Maryam Mustafa and Marcus Magnor "Comparative analysis of three different modalities for perception of artifacts in videos"
- Onkar Krishna and Kiyoharu Aizawa "Age-adapted Saliency Model With Depth Bias"
- Rachel Albert, Joohwan Kim, Anjul Patney and David Luebke "Latency Requirements for Foveated Rendering in Virtual Reality"
- Yuanyuan Jiang, Elizabeth E. O'Neal, Luke Franzen, Junghum Paul Yon, Jodie M. Plumert and Joseph K. Kearney "The Influence of Stereoscopic Image Display on Pedestrian Road Crossing in a Large-Screen Virtual Environment"
- Richard Paris, Miti V. Joshi, Qiliang He, Gayathri Narasimham, Timothy P. McNamara and Bobby Bodenheimer "Acquisition of Survey Knowledge using Walking in Place and Resetting Methods in Immersive Virtual Environments"
- Koorosh Vaziri, Peng Liu, Sahar Aseeri and Victoria Interrante "Impact of Visual and Experiential Realism on Distance Perception in VR using a Custom Video See-Through System"
- Zhen Bao Fan, Yina Li, Jinhui Yu and Kang Zhang "Visual Complexity of Chinese Ink Paintings"
- Xihe Gao, Stephen Brooks and Dirk Arnold "A Feature-based Quality Metric for Tone Mapped Images"
- Robert Günther, Stefan Guthe and Michael Guthe "A Visual Model for Quality Driven Refinement of Global Illumination on GPUs"
- Wei Fu, Marinus Maria van Paassen and Max Mulder "On the Relationship Between the Force JND and the Stiffness JND in Haptic Perception"
- Andreas Löcken, Sarah Blum, Tim Claudius Stratmann, Uwe Wilko Grünefeld, Wilko Heuten, Susanne Boll and Steven van de Par "Effects of Location and Fade-In Time of (Audio-)Visual Cues on Response Times and Success-Rates in a Dual-Task Experiment"
- Anahita Sanandaji, Cindy Grimm and Ruth West "Inferring Cross-sections of 3D Objects: A 3D Spatial Ability Test Instrument for 3D Volume Segmentation"